Tuesday, March 21, 2017

How To Make Posters or Invitations with iPad or iMac




Hello! Welcome to my blog! I don't own any expensive publishing programs for my computer or for my iPad, but I am able to make do with the Keynote app. It is the Mac version of Powerpoint. What I like about it is I can move any clip art or words to any spot I want on the page. I can even convert the files to pdf, jpeg or other options. I can also iCloud the files to be on my iPad and my Mac computer. 

I make a lot of posters and invitations and newsletters for church.  I make a lot of visuals and worksheets for my work as well. I can make them at my desk in my classroom and send them to the office through email to print. It is super easy. For a lot of the clip art or backgrounds, I just search the internet. If you are putting clip art on to a background you need them to be transparent - meaning it won't have a white frame around it. There is a way to get rid of that edge, but that is another post. I am self taught - so I am no professional - however I have been doing this for years and I do get better the more I practice. I learn new things all the time too!
This particular poster has three parts to it, plus the typing:
1. BACKGROUND
 2. CENTRE FRAME
3. FLORAL CLIP ART TO DRESS IT UP



With the iPad, one is limited to the fonts that come with Keynote - although there are apps that make the iPad capable of adding more stylish fonts if you are willing to pay for it. 

I used to be at the mercy of  pre-made invitations. Not any more. I like the 4-H motto, which definitely helped me out when it came to making things on my computer - LEARN TO DO BY DOING!
Why don't you give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment