Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gift Topper Ideas and Wrapping with Kraft Paper

 Gift wrapping is one of my favorite things to do!! I love kraft paper and I LOVE getting creative with gift toppers. Here are some ideas that I have done:


I love black and white ribbon with kraft paper. This ribbon was actually Halloween stock that I got for a good discount at Michael's. I added a kraft paper tag and a rusted out jingle bell to this gift. Check out  the tutorial on how to rust medal HERE!


These gift toppers pictured above and below are clay ornaments (made from baking soda clay - click here for recipe and tutorial). I then Mod podged a piece of book page on the tag that I had stamped and colored. I attached the ornaments with jute.


The next two gifts were fun to decorate!




 I like to buy ribbon from a fabric store and it is amazing the variety that can be found there and sometimes for a great deal. I liked the black and white gingham that I found - and I love to put red with black and white. I purchased a ceramic bird ornament that came complete with a clip so it was easy to attach to a bit of greenery and the ribbon.


I love how this gift turned out for my sister. I used champagne ribbon purchased from a fabric store. I found some odds and ends greenery from a really old candle set that I was going to throw out because it was cheesy looking- however the greenery was worth saving. I printed out a music sheet image onto card stock and cut two skates from my Cricut. I inked the skates edges, put a hole in the top, added a bit of tulling, and added pearl string to attached to the ribbon. I also added iridescent glitter to the skates. I love how this turned out.

I hope these ideas help you with some creative gift wrapping. Remember to have fun!!!
Merry Christmas!


1 comment: