Friday, October 26, 2012

Turn a Plastic Produce Container into a Goodie Basket


Happy Friday! Halloween is coming upon us extremely quickly. I like to recycle lots of items that come  into my work and I loved these produce containers because they had a handle. Instantly I envisioned a goodie basket of some sort and this is what I came up with.


I Mod Podged newspaper all over the lid and base of the container. When it was dry, I  trimmed the excess paper off the lid /base that I over lapped during the gluing process and I cut out the hole for the handle. I cut out some images and words with my Cricut and glued them in various places. The "Boo" was adhered with pop dots. I added some glitter to the Boo!


Now I need to add some goodies and pick a recipient to receive a treat - or should I do a trick?
Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to...

Tatertots and Jello

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE recycling projects like this...totally up my alley! I'd love to have you join my weekend linky party if you are interested:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-7.html

    Thanks, Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea! I've used them as goodies containers before -- but never thought of decorating them up quite this much or of adding the handle! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete