Friday, November 11, 2011

Silhouette Christmas Tags

Here is another project from my pinterest to do list - Christmas silhouette tags. The inspiration for these tags can be found HERE on a blog called Anne's Paper Fun. 
First I printed out a a book page background (found on Vintage Moth) - and cut it into tag sizes. Then I printed some mini tags using a dingbat that you can download for free HERE called "Christmas Cheer". The tags on Anne's Paper fun blog had the silhouettes printed directly on the book page - but I couldn't find any digital silhouettes I liked, so I cut some silhouettes out with my Cricut, using "A Child's Year" cartridge. I glued the silhouettes on the tag - added a black tag for a background and put it all together with some jute. I used cream cardstock for my paper, and of course used Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink to make the paper more interesting. I read somewhere that you can use shoe polish to distress paper and get the same effect. That would be interesting to try one day. 
I was playing around with some different ideas like the monogram. I think the child on the rocking horse was fitting for a Christmas tag. I sure like the dingbat "Christmas Cheer" - it has some neat images on it that could be used as silhouettes for these tags. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to....

1 comment:

  1. These are just beautiful. I've been browsing through your blog as I live to craft myself and I think it's one of the best craft blogs I've seen. So many different mediums and ideas. Love it!

    Dawn

    Inanityandthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete