Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Trick or Treat Wood Blocks


This is the first of my Halloween decorating this year. I started with the blocks that I made for Thanksgiving - that I was planning on switching up for different seasons...


These Thanksgiving blocks have a quote printed on burlap - CLICK HERE to go to that post.

For the Halloween blocks, I used a batty dictionary page for my background that I found on Graphics Fairy.  I tinted it orange on my iphoto program. The words "trick" and "treat" were printed out using the font "Pieces of Eight". The word "or" is printed out using the font, "Rage".
After printing out the sheets, I cut the paper to fit each block, I stamped some scrolls randomly on the paper, and I inked the edges with black. I tacked the paper on the blocks with black upholstery tacks.  

I got the idea for these blocks from the Horton's of Tipton site. I cannot find that exact post now to link to that - but I suggest you check out this site as it has some amazing stuff.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to...

lil luna link party button


10 comments:

  1. So creative! I love it.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw this is just amazing!

    Ghanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I love holiday decor that is multi functional.

    Visiting from The Graphics Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant find teh correct "rage" font. where did u find this one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I not only love this idea, I can't thank you enough for giving each detail with fonts and the background paper so we can make this ourselves! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the background paper can you tell me how to find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy! I printed a dictionary page from the Graphics Fairy. I tinted it orange on my iphoto program (although you could print it out on orange paper). The scrolls are a stamp. The link to the dictionary page is in the post. Good luck!!

      Delete
  7. I can't find this size blocks???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I used scrap wood that I collected at a building site (with permission from the builders). I did not cut them, I just used the sizes that worked. These are the dimensions 8x9 (scrap from a 2x8); 6x9 (scrap from a 2x6); 6x 6 1/4 (scrap from a 2x6). I hope this helps you!

      Delete